Sunday, January 10, 2010

Daniel Fast 1

Today at sundown I started a new adventure. Our Pastor has called our church to a Daniel fast for the next 21 days. At first I was very excited and was encouraged by the enthusiasm of my family. I prepared my kitchen and figured out how I would manage it. As time got closer I found myself thinking about modifying it here and there. I kept trying to find ways to make it a little easier. You see, I feared failure. I feared startind something that I would not be able to finish. I feared letting down the people around me and more than that letting the Lord down. I was so encouraged by the sermon this morning. The battle is the Lord's always. It is not about my perfection. I'm not and the truth is that I might fail. I don't want to. But like Pastor Sean said this morning I can either get right back up when I fail or continue flailing on the ground in failure. In the past I have been more of a flailing on the ground type of person. That is where my fear was. Having the freedom to get right back up and go on set me free to get excited again. I am excited to see what God will do. I need Him to do some huge God-sized things for me and for my church. I am excited because I have never successfully fasted for more than one day before and I am ready for food to lose its control over me. I am excited because I long to see God work and to hear all the testimonies that I know are going to come. I am hoping I make the 21 days without a bump but I am so thankful that God took the fear of that bump away so that I can do this, not as a test I have to pass, but as a privilege I get to participate in. I will try and blog about how it is going and what God is doing from time to time as the month goes by. For now, I go forward through life without chocolate and caffeine free!

No comments: