Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Psalm 143

Psalm 143
The Highly Unauthorized Cyndi Version

O LORD, in your patience hear me out.
Please help me understand
while I think out loud
in your presence.
Please don't take my thoughts
too seriously,
but help me
as I process some things.


I just don't understand some people, Lord.
I don't.
They mystify me.
I don't understand those
who hold onto and are utterly sure
of their own righteousness;
as their actions and attitudes
stand in direct opposition to your Word,
to the precepts you have taught.

I don't get those
who go their own way; when they have tasted your goodness
and then stray from the road you lead us on.
I wonder why they don't enjoy your blessing.
I can't fathom
how people who call themselves by your name
can be so willful
and stubborn
and critical
and ugly toward others.

It dismays me.
I am getting weary
I long for those days when my faith was fresh
my heart unjaded.

I will turn to you;
my soul longs for your living water

Hear my cry, Lord,
and renew my spirit.
Come, Holy Spirit.
Rain on me.
Flow through me,
renew my dry and barren places
Wash away all weariness;
my dullness
my cynicism.

Draw me near to you;
and let tomorrow dawn
with fresh hope
and renew my spirit.
Walk with me.
Rescue me from my enemy,
 who wants to render me useless,
and from myself,
for I am near a precipice and need you .

Teach me to trust in your will,
for you are my God;
lead me on level ground,
for you are Almighty God.

Silence all doubt,
that I may walk fearlessly;
I am yours; your servant forever



No comments: