Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How Can I?

More than anything, I want to be used of God. It is my driving force.It is with this mind that I approached my class at Life Trek tonight. How can I bring them Christ? So often I go home in despair because they don't seem to care, won't listen, and seem so far away. I have such grand ideas at times, to break through, to have just the right words. It happens sometimes, but not often enough. I love these kids so much and want them saved so deeply my heart aches at times. I was reading in Mark, chapter 10 last night, about the rich man told to sell his possessions and give them to the poor. How he left sad. We all know what Jesus said right after. He said, "How hard it is for the wealthy to enter the kingdom of God. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of the needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." But Jesus other words struck a chord with me. He looked at His amazed disciples and declared" Children, how hard it is to enter the Kingdom of God!" It is not just the rich who need to give there all. It is not just the rich who have a struggle to enter. Jesus calls us to a life of radical service and obedience, a life of sacrifice, a life of relationship, and a life of struggle. This is where all of the emotions of the week come in. The joy of the Lord which is our strength comes in livin this life of service, obedience, sacrifice, and relationship. When I leave out part of the package, when I try to "save" my life instead of giving it, live on the fence, I waver. When these kids on Wednesday nights see too many adults wavering, too many adults living for themselves or their homes and families instead of living sold out to Christ and growing in Him, it makes it hard to interest them in a life of faith. I need to make sure the words I speak on Wednesday night are borne out in my life every day. These students are watching us, they are counting us. The Holy Spirit will draw them, our part is to be the best representation of Christ on the earth that we possibly can, to draw near to the God we are presenting, to be a picture worth emulating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a great teacher Cyndi with a HUGE heart and unfortunately, it will take most of these kids many years to figure that out.