Saturday, October 3, 2009

Isaiah 17:10

I was reading this scripture today and it spoke to me. Mostly convicted me of how often I am contented with buds instead of wanting the full harvest. I thought of how often my thoughts are about church and how little they are about the lost and I am so sorry. With God's help I am going to change that, be less religious and more like Jesus. This is a great word and I wanted to share this with you.
10 You have forgotten God your Savior; you have not remembered the Rock, your fortress. Therefore, though you set out the finest plants and plant imported vines,
11 though on the day you set them out, you make them grow, and on the morning when you plant them, you bring them to bud, yet the harvest will be as nothing... Isaiah 17:10
It doesn't matter how creative we are or how entertaining we make our churches. If we do not build it all upon Christ, if we are not passionately in love with God, we may as well not bother. The harvest will be as nothing. We may bring some buds out. I think of those who make decisions at one point or another but do not grow and eventually go back to where they were. Those are not a true harvest but merely buds. We must be the people of God, not the people of a church. We must be people of God, not people of religion. Revive us Oh God, and start with me. Help us to cast off everything that keeps us from bringing lost people to you.

No comments: