Friday, October 2, 2009

Yes

I like to say yes. It is a pleasant word that makes me feel useful and fulfilled. It gives me purpose and life is tedious without purpose. I am so grateful to belong to Jesus that at times I can't believe that He accepts me and loves me. You see, I know the real me, the selfish one with irritating quirks that often drive people nuts. I know how often that I sit at my computer or watch a movie or TV instead of praying and seeking God. But unlike so many others that have been in my life, God's love and care for me are not performance based. He does not reject me over a bad day. It is a wonderful, comforting, and at times hard to believe truth. I am bad enough that I know that no amount of good that I can do will ever make up for it. Thank you God that my sins are forgiven because of Jesus. I used to say yes because I wanted so badly to be good. It doesn't work. Now I say yes because I love God so much and want everyone to know this same God that loves me. I say yes because I do not want my life to be about me or even about my family. I say yes because there are so many that do not have God. I say yes because Jesus did. He set the example for us on the cross. "For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45 I say yes because nothing else gives me more joy or greater peace than saying yes to God.

No comments: