Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Great, Good Friday

Good Friday, what a name. Good. It was truly good, it was, in fact a great day for all humanity. We who were lost in our sins and our shame. To us, who had no way out a bridge was built, one man, Christ Jesus our Lord, fully God and fully human rescued us, through the deep love of the Father. What a precious day. I hope you all had opportunity to go to Good Friday Service somewhere. The girls and I went to Tricia's church, Cascade and had a glorious time of reflection and worship. I was reminded of these words from Phillipians tonight ad we walked through the stations the church had set up. Easter is a day of victory but Friday is no less. Without the sacrifice there is no Easter victory. To get to the empty tomb Christ had to go to the cross. I thank God for that sacrifice. I thank Him that we can meet beyond the veil, that our God is accessible, that He hears us when we call. Whatever you need today, He longs to hear from you. Whatever struggle you are going through He died for that struggle and He live to make intercession for you.

"But whatever was my gain I count as loss for the sake of knowing Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord for whom I have lost all things. I consider them rubish that I may gain Christ and be found in Him." Phillipians 3: 7-9

No comments: