Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Difficult Night

No matter how difficult it seems at this moment I must remember that my hope is is the God of creation and not the government of this land. I got together with a friend to pray tonight and we both had heavy hearts but lightened as we remembered our God. May these times we live in draw us closer to Christ. May we commit our lives to serving the God who loves us. May we be shaken from our complacency and snatch our neighbors, friends, and relatives from the fire before it is too late. If I sound a little dramatic I guess I feel that way. When I live in a state that passes an assisted suicide bill, and live in a land where each day children are aborted by their own mothers, where people drive by and shoot others, and where immorality is not only accepted but celebrated, I can only pray that we wake up and shake off the dust of our laziness and commit to giving Jesus our all. May God have mercy on us.

No comments: