Monday, November 24, 2008

The Joy of the Lord is our Strength

It is the joy of the Lord that gives us our strength. That joy is around us whether we choose to look at it or not. There was joy sitting around my kitchen table this weekend with my precious girls. We weren't doing anything but we were together and my sweet Melody gave us plenty to laugh about. We are all a bit crazy, but she had an extra dose this past week. There was joy today helping a mom know what to do in a struggle. I sensed God's spirit and felt confidence in what I shared. There was joy as I helped with one of the many assignments of college as I had just happened to be studying the passage she had to write a sermon on in my devotions the last several weeks. Isn't that just like God. There is joy in a friend and her precious family moving back home. It makes me think of a hymn, Oh the deep, deep, love of Jesus. I sense Jesus watching over me most of the time, and when I don't I just go to Him and ask His reassurance. He is so good to me and always finds a way to show me His love. If you are discouraged, either by circumstances or people, He longs to encourage you for the journey. The trial may be there for awhile. Suffering may be part of your life at present, but joy also is if you choose to take it. Don't be afraid to ask God for the reassurance you need. Stand on the promise that God works all things together for good as we love Him. Take the smiles He will put in your path each day and take strength from His promises and word. He loves you so dearly. It is too easy to get mired in the negative and miss the joy of answered prayer, beauty, and the hope we have for eternity. We are the most blessed of all people, we who know our precious Lord, let us be the most joyful also.

1 comment:

Amber Strehle said...

Cyndi! Did not sleep a wink last night, its early and I'm just a touch stressed, but..this post lifted my heart and put a much needed spring in my step. Today I will focus on the joy!