Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Something I read

I found this little poem on a website. I wish I knew who wrote it so I could give them credit but it is all too true about many today. It struck me that the sin of religion will put many in hell. Let's remember it is all for Christ and the world is watching.

The Modern Christian
God, I sit in a pew every Sunday without fail
For I'm afraid if I don't I will end up in hell.
I give my tithes and offerings. I never miss
Because I'm waiting for you to make me rich.
I read my Bible for at least an hour each day
So I can be arrogant with others in all that I say
I pray every day for around thirty minutes or so.'
Cause there's lots I need and I want you to know.
I do things for my church even when tired and sore.
Because one day I want to be voted onto the board.
I also do them so everyone will think I'm a beacon.
If I neglect my family, I just wanna be a deacon.
I'm just a simple usher and that is OK I guess.
But I'm a good person, and I deserve your best
If there is anything you need tell one of the pastors
I'm too busy. It's their calling.
They can get to it faster
I'm so happy to have found the religion of Christianity.
Because I can make following you all about me.

No comments: